If you're searching for a gluten-free blueberry scone recipe, the search is over! These beauties are sweetened softly with date sugar and made with a gluten-free flour blend like Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour Blend which you can find here.
If you enjoy experimenting try using this recipe as a base without the blueberries and add your fruit of choice, add nuts or an odd spice combo that you've been curious about. Get creative with it!
- 1.5 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups of gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup of date sugar
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of blueberries or raisins, or whatever fruit you want.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, cream of tarter and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the butter is broken into pea sized morsels in the flour.
- Beat the egg and mix in into the yogurt.
Add the yogurt and egg mixture into the dry mixture, working it in. When the dough is combined, mix in the fruit gently.
- Divide into two equal circles, patting each into a circle that is one inch thick. Cut each circle into six equal triangles.
Bake on a well greased or baking stone for 15-20 minutes, until the scones are browned nicely on the bottom and slightly on the top.