Sticky Toffee Date Cakes
1 ½ C Date Lady Dates, pitted
1 ½ C water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ C cassava flour
½ cup butter, room temp
2 tsp baking powder
½ C Date Lady Date Sugar
1 tsp sea salt
½ C Date Lady Date Syrup
For topping use slightly warmed Date Lady Chocolate or Chocolate Tahini Glaze Ingredients below:
½ C tahini
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
6 Tbsp Date Lady Date Syrup
5 Tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. grease small bunt (or cup cake) pans and set aside.
2. In small saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and dates. Boil for 5 min.
3. Mix date mixture with baking soda.
4. Mix butter & date sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture. Add vanilla and mix well.
6. In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
7. Stir in date mixture until it is evenly distributed in cake batter. Pour batter until it is half way up to top of each bundt pan.
8. Bake for 15-20 min.
1. Pour all ingredient into a bowl and stir to combined thoroughly.
Pour over cooled cakes and enjoy!
Imagine soft, delicate cake filled with the rich depth of dates and crowned with chocolate-tahini icing. Imagine they were grain free and contained no cane sugar. Imagine no more, it’s real and you can make them too!
Optional: Have any Date Lady Chocolate Spread on hand? Warm ever-so-slightly for a delicious icing on these cakes as an alternative to the tahini glaze.