This gluten free, paleo macaroon recipe is sure to please and is so easy to make!
2¼ cup finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
3 egg whites
¼ cup Date Lady Pure Date Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Mix together egg whites, Date Lady Pure Date Syrup, sea salt and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Stir in coconut.
2. Shape dough softly into macaroon-shaped cookies as they will not change position much while baking! Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. While cookies are cooling, it's time to melt your chocolate! Place wide skillet with about 1-inch water on burner. Then, put your chopped chocolate in heatproof bowl (stainless steel or tempered glass) and set bowl directly in water. By the way, this is our favorite, fail-proof method, compliments of The Kitchn: http://www.thekitchn.com/the-best-way-to-melt-chocolate-alice-medrichs-smart-easy-method-expert-tip-197405
4. Bring the water to a simmer, then turn off flame and let chocolate sit until it is melted.
5. After macaroons have cooled completely, gently dip one-half in chocolate and place onto wax paper to set.