These vegan no-bake cookies are close enough to the original classic to tantalize even the most hard-to-please youngster. Vegan and processed sugar free.
Recipe inspired by Dr. Axe.
2½ cups gluten-free quick oats
1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
⅔ cup Date Lady Pure Date Syrup
½ cup coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons cocoa
Optional - sea salt to sprinkle on top
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the Date Lady Pure Date Syrup, coconut oil and peanut butter and stir until the mixture is melted and mixed evenly.
2. Remove from heat and add the oats and coconut flakes, stirring continuously.
3. Add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder and continue stirring until mixture becomes thick.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the cookie sheets. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top of each cookie.
5. Place cookie sheets in freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!