These Sticky Date Brownies are similar in nature to the Sticky Toffee Pudding made famous in England. The dates add a caramel-like richness that will leave folks guessing, and asking for the recipe. You won't be disappointed! Both gluten and processed sugar free, this recipe goes a long way to show how incredible flavors can be using natural sugars and clean ingredients.
2 cups pitted Date Lady Dates
1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
½ cup Date Lady Pure Date Syrup
4 tsp coconut flour
5 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
Optional mix-ins: nuts of any kind, dark chocolate chunks or chips, Date Lady Caramel Sauce for swirling in the batter
1. Soak dates in boiling water (minimum of 20 minutes), while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
2. In the meantime, mix the other ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. After soaking, grind dates into a paste in food processor or with an immersion blender.
4. Add dates into mixture just until blended. Add any optional mix-ins.
5. Pour into greased 9-inch pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.