1⁄2 tsp (2g) sea salt
1 tsp baking soda – at high altitude use 1⁄2 teaspoon
1 cup (225 gr) butter, unsalted at room temp – I love grass fed butter
1¼ cups coconut sugar
1 tsp (5 g) vanilla
3 cups gluten free oats
1 cup gluten free flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blue Label
1⁄2 cup Date Lady Organic Dates – pitted & chopped
1⁄2 cup 70% chocolate chopped
1⁄3 cup pecans chopped
1 tsp (4 g) Ceylon cinnamon – optional
1⁄8 tsp (.5 g) nutmeg – optional
Maldon salt – to sprinkle on top
g = gram
1. Preheat oven to 340°F (170°C). Line two baking trays with Silpat mats.
2. In a medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, sea salt and spices
3. In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and coconut sugar until combined well. The goal is just to blend, not aerate, as cookies will spread if you do.
4. Add vanilla and egg and mix well. Add oats and combine.
5. Add sifted flour, mix and stir well. Add Date Lady Organic Dates, pecans and chocolate, mix well.
6. Shape cookies with a scoop (I use a size #24) and place onto prepared cookie sheets. I place 4 lengthwise x 3 crosswise and flatten them out lightly. Sprinkle with Maldon salt.
7. Bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. They should be soft and chewy in the middle. Note: As they cool on the tray, they’ll continue to bake, so make sure you don’t over bake!