Chocolate Date and Oat Crumble Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine cassava, oats, date sugar, 1/4 cup date syrup and 1 tsp salt in bowl. Add ghee and coconut manna, stirring until evenly moistened. (Dough will resemble wet sand.)
3. Set aside 1/3 of dough for crumble topping.
4. Press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
5. Mix dates, 1/4 cup date syrup, vanilla and 1/2 tsp salt together. Add chocolate chips.
6. Spread mixture evenly over pressed dough.
7. Crumble reserved dough over top then press gently down.
8. Bake until top is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
3 sticks of unsalted butter can be substituted for ghee & coconut manna.